• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would you do if this happened to you

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bal`thzar

Lets say hypothetically I ordered 10 Audigy 2 ZS PCI cards from one of my wholesale suppliers

and lets say that when I inspected the box of cards that instead of sending me the Audigy 2 ZS cards they infact sent me 10 X-fi Platinum for the Audigy 2 ZS price

what would you do if this happened to you hypothetically

would you

1. be honest and call them and get them exchanged

2. count your blessings and pass good deals onto people you know.

3. Place an order for 10 more and see what happens.

thanks for your input in advance.

And just remember this is a hypothetical situation ;)

I'd have to go with option 1. Depending on the level of business that the wholesaler does, this could really hurt them. If they were to be exchanged, I would expect them to pay shipping both ways and if you have pressing orders, maybe make you a really good deal on any that are immediately needed...

#1 no questions asked. Honesty is always the best policy, it fosters a good business relationship.

I had something similar happen. The only shipping problem I've ever had with Performance-PCs was they sent me the wrong model of power supply. I ordered a mid-range Tagan PSU and they accidentally sent me the top-of-the-line model which cost 3 times as much as what I paid. Easy mistake considering the boxes are identical so I just let them know and exchanged it.

2 for their mishap. If they call and tell me, i'll be glad to return them, otherwise i'll keep em.

heh I was gonna say that there were nothing but honest people here (except for me). But after solidxsnake's comment, that doesn't seem the case. Not bashing you for the way you would handle it, I would probably end up keeping one too like I stated. But the truth is I would have to see the shipping dilema. I wouldn't want to have to pay for shipping for their botch.

I'd just return them back... Shops usually let you keep stuff when it's their error... and you become instantly their favorite customers for being honest.

Plus, peace of mind.

dan

#1, if you plan on doing biz with this supplyer they at some point they will notice and wonder why you never said anything. Plus its just good biz practice and the right thing to do.

infinitevalence said:
#1, if you plan on doing biz with this supplyer they at some point they will notice and wonder why you never said anything. Plus its just good biz practice and the right thing to do.

Never happened to me with the places I've dealt with.

My view on this is it's their mistake. Not mine. If they don't realize it, more power to me.

It's not dishonest not mentioning anything to them. If they asked, and you said I got what I ordered, then, and only then, is it dishonest.

SolidxSnake said:
Never happened to me with the places I've dealt with.

My view on this is it's their mistake. Not mine. If they don't realize it, more power to me.

It's not dishonest not mentioning anything to them. If they asked, and you said I got what I ordered, then, and only then, is it dishonest.

Not a personal attack, but i will remember to be extra carefull doing biz with you.

I would go with option 1.
Chances are the company would respect your honesty and honor the XFI's under the same price rather than go through return and re-shipment. Situations like these have arisen for me personally in the past and I find that being honest always works out best.

just to let you all know I chose option 1 and was told to keep them (very big company by the way guys it would not have hurt them)

Bal`thzar said:
just to let you all know I chose option 1 and was told to keep them (very big company by the way guys it would not have hurt them)
Good choice. Many compaines expect to have product stolen/lost anyways.

Out of curiosity, do you mind sharing the company name?

Back