• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Indecisive between these two..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tserrof

The first listing has lower latencies at lower voltage, so my assumption is that the first matched set would be a better overclocking candidate.I know at the top of the page it lists each matched pairs' latencies as 4-4-4-12, but if you scroll down and look at the "specifications" section, the non-XTC set has latencies timings of 4-4-4-8 listed.The www.ocz.com website confirms the specs.I dont know what memory chps are used in each matched set, but I'd go with the non-XTC RAM.

Jimmy, over at OCZ is extremely helpful.You should give them a call and get the answer directly from the pros.They give you quick and personalized service, and are honest folks.As a matter of fact, I am RMA'ing a 2GB PC3200 Titanium macthed set ,and he is replacing it with a 2GB matched PC3200 Gold XTC kit, which is better overclocking RAM than the Titanium.Most places i know would do a simple exchange, so I found it to be a pleasant surprise when he said he could and would send out the better RAM as a replacement, and would simply eat the cost difference( and I said i wouldnt m ind paying any cost difference).OCZ offers some of the best technical support I have witnessed.You shouyld call them and speak to tech support about which would be your better choice...they will give you an honest answer, and steer you wrong.I'm sure you'll be really confident in your purchase if you call them.Their tech support toll-free number is: (800) 459-1816

Good luck!

Last edited:
right. who better to ask than OCZ themselves I guess. thanks a bunch.

Back