• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me quick! I need to buy some DDR2 for Conroe or AM2!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brahmzy

I'm looking at this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145590
Brand CORSAIR
Series XMS2
Model TWIN2X2048-6400
Type 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
Tech Spec
Capacity 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Speed DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Cas Latency 5
Timing 5-5-5-12
Voltage 1.9V
ECC No
Buffered/Registered Unbuffered
Heat Spreader Yes
Features matched pair, with Heat Spreader

Will this work in both an AM2 or Conore rig? How well will it OC ineither one? NewEgg JUST got 'em back in stock and there's a $40 rebate with them, so I'm tryin to buy them now. Any reason NOT to get this...maybe get OCZ instead? (a lot more expensive)

Thanks!

Yea those look good... haven't used them myself but I have had Cosair in the past and they are very good. It should work in both rigs. Did you consult the ram overclocking chart in the memory section???

Sorry I didn't post it before... I was just in a hurry. THIS is the link and I don't see your memory in the guide. Maybe you could OC them and give them your input.

If you can afford it, try to get CL4 memory. Kingston has solid CL4 DDR2-800 (that I am using) and they work very well.

CL5 is a bit slow.

Ha! Perfect I was just gonna tell u to buy those OCZ Platinum but u took the lead, nice choice...BTW where did u buy those for $149 0_o did u buyed the 2GB set or the 1GB?

Douken said:
Ha! Perfect I was just gonna tell u to buy those OCZ Platinum but u took the lead, nice choice...BTW where did u buy those for $149 0_o did u buyed the 2GB set or the 1GB?
Fy's Outpost has 'em for $199 w/$50MIR through the 27th - I can email you the correct rebate form because the link on the site is broken. PM me if you want it.

Back