• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair TwinX problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

ok i just went to buy a 2nd gig of RAM for my system today and wanted to get a gig of OCZ like i allready had but no shops had it in stock had to order it so i decided to get a gig of Corsair Twinx 2x 512mb. now i get home and throw both stick in along with my 2x 512mb OCZ (both of them are 400mhz) and the computer starts turning itself off and on non stop. i removed the Corsair and just used OCZ all was good, put both stick of Corsair in and no OCZ and it still done it, figured it was dead ram tried 1 stick works fine, tried the other stick by itself works fine, tried both sticks restarts non stop, changed slots still restarts, now if i leave it for 20 seconds of it restarting itself it will boot with both Corasair sticks in it, if i use 2 Corsair and 1 OCZ stick it will boot after about 30 seconds of restarting itself but with the 4th stick it just constantly restarts every second. i figured it may have been bad timings in settings so i went and loosened them all to 8-3-3-3 and still does it, gave it 2.8v just incase it was lacking power and no go, figured maybe too much strain on PSU so unplugged all HDD and CD-Rom and still no go. so i went and put the 2 sticks of Corsair into a friends PC and they work perfectly 1st go.

so my Questions is, is this a Corsair problem or an Abit AX8 mobo problem?

i posted it in memory since im sure itll get more looks than the abit section and it is still relevant.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad punctuation.

Back