• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC150 Info request.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ka

Registered
I have recently discovered the delights of FSB overclocking....I'm quite proud of my Micron PC133 256MB going all the way up to 144MHZ Cas 2.
However, I've seen reviews & benches of mem going up to and exceeding 160Mhz.
As this isn't about DDR and I assume all the pitfalls of standard 133 memory have been overcome by the members of this board, may I ask a few questions?
I am going to a computer fair this weekend and would like to pick up some really good memory.I don't really care what brand it is as long as it reaches about 155Mhz at CAS 2. I don't mind about price either as long as it isn't too outrageous.
I have read that PC150 isn't an official standard so basically I have to get high quality mem that is really fast and reliable.
Any particular brands I should look at for? I've read about Kingmax PC150 - although being rated at only CAS 3 is a bit of a worry. Crucial I've heard a lot about - can standard 133 go up to 155 Cas 2?

Thanx in advance.

KA

All of my Crucial PC133 CAS2 has been able to run 150MHz+ at CAS2. The only limiting factors in my case have been PCI devices that don't particularly like anything over 153MHz...so I just run them all at 150MHz.

Infineon have very good chips..

I bought a Pc150 (actually pc133 but pre-tested ate 150 cas2) from OCz that uses 7.5ns Infineon Chips and it can reach 171mhz+ cas2..

The + means that 171mhz was where I stopped, not the memory stick..

I have several friends that got some Pc133 with Infineon Chips that are running at 155mhz cas2.

Mushkin modules are guaranteed to run @ 150 2-2-2 (they probably will do 160 2-2-2), you could of course take a small risk by buying Infineon modules that use the same chips...7ns (about half the price, Infineon part# HYS 64V32220GU-7).

Good luck

Back