• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me o/c Corsair DDR2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slawek

Registered
I have the following ram:

5bdd5962.jpg

My motherboard is an Asus P5ND2-SLI. I have the following options for memory tweaking:

bios1.jpg

bios2.jpg

bios3.jpg

I'm currently overclocking my P4 640 Prescott 3.2GHz to 4.0GHz by raising my FSB to 1000, and Vcore is at 1.4500.

csfix08.jpg

The manufacturer recommended settings for my ram, from Corsairs website, is 4-4-4-12 @ 675MHz. Right now I'm running 4-4-4-12 @ 667 (which is the highest my board supports I believe).

Can you guys please make some recommendations on what I should do to properly overclock, time and tweak my RAM?

Hi, have similar setup like you and seem your doing better than me. Maybe your CPU is supported by the board. Anyway, if you set your bios to system clock mode to CPU/MEM manual-mode, you will able to type in your FSB speed(new) and if you look on the MEM speed(target) it will change up or down once you hit enter for your FSB. Mine is set 993FSB QDR and 682MHZ MEM DDR(current and target) but on new MEM speed DDR it is set to 676. I guess the bios will set your current and target to it's parameter setting from your desired speed. You can also type in your desired MEM speed DDR on this mode.

People people people... I know this. lol.. I want to know from your experiences, do you think I can tweak the ram even more, like drop the timings, maybe give me suggestions what numbers to drop, maybe what frequency to try.. I know HOW to overclock, I just want to know what numbers to drop or tighten.

It would be simplier just to post CPU-Z screenshots for the CPU and memory. I've had a lot of experience in overclocking, but I'm having trouble figuring out where you're at with what you posted.

Apparently you have a 3.2 processor running at 4 gig. If so, then you must be at 250 FSB. Use CPU-Z to see what memory ratio you are sitting at. You say, "Right now I'm running 4-4-4-12 @ 667." Can you confirm this with CPU-Z? If so, then you must be running the 3:4 ratio (which would be good).

Ok, going for tighter timings is sort of trial and error. I would first give the RAM a little more voltage, like maybe 2.0v or so. Try lower each timing one notch to see what happens. Just do one at a time. Like maybe first try 4-4-4-11, then if that works, try 4-4-3-12, then 4-3-4-12, etc. If you're lucky, you might be able to do 4-3-3-10 or so.

Back