• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR2 2GB $140.00 Good deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Just found this link on slickdeals and I'm thinking about grabbing it for my upcoming Conroe build, what do you guys think? I have heard that oOCZ is good memory and I am assuming this will work with an E6600...

Link: http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4884800

Somebody posted these specs on the forums for this memory since the link doesnt give much info.

OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

Capacity 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Speed DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Cas Latency 5
Timing 5-5-5-12
Voltage 2.0V
ECC No
Buffered/Registered Unbuffered
Heat Spreader Yes
Features Gold Layered XTC Heatspreader

Last edited:
:drool:w00t!! stop thinking, go for the platinum!! I'm saving that link man thanks!!

[Edit]
PLUS FREE SHIPPING!!!?? :drool::drool::drool::drool:

man I don't buy it now cause I'm not making my system right now but that is an ecxellent ÜBER doublle A++ Deal!!

Last edited:
That's a great deal, I'd jump on it.

Not the best stuff out there, but deff worth buying for that price.

This has Bang for the Buck all over it!!!!!

There is a problem with the rebate link for the Plat series. I think I'm gonna play it safe and just go for the Gold series. 800mhz DDR2 2GB, $150.00 wow!

Douken said:
the diff between the Gold & Platinum...

5-5-5-15 Vs. 4-4-5-12:rolleyes:

The Platinum also has a better heat spreader with a honey-comb design for better air flow...in theory anyways. :rolleyes:

I attached the rebate to this reply if you need it ...
I bought a pair of platinum's for $150 AR few weeks ago, and just ordered another pair (need 4GB) ...

I don't assume that they will ever pay the rebates though :(

dreamtfk said:
There is a problem with the rebate link for the Plat series. I think I'm gonna play it safe and just go for the Gold series. 800mhz DDR2 2GB, $150.00 wow!

Attachments

• 4815800.060621.060627.pdfbay%20area%20store%20only.pdf
    78.4 KB · Views: 79
I picked up the Platinum set for $149 shipped AMIR!

Got it in the mail today! Woohoo. Great RAM. C'mon E6600's.

I just grabbed my pair. Unfortunately Outpost charges tax for Texas (since they are part of Fry's).

Today is the last day for the $50 rebate...

By the way, the memory rebate appears to be also good for the Bay area fry's stores in Palo Alto, Campbell, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Fremont, and Concord... See the above attached rebate form for details.

Back