• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Single/Double Sided Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tropicaldawn

My friend has the same motherboard I used to have. It accepts Double Sided DDR266 and some other double sided one. It also accepts single sided 333. I figured the 333 would be best.

But here's the deal. When I put double sided 333 in my mobo, the thing freaking broke!

So, obviously I don't want that to happen.

But how do I know if it's SS or DS?!

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=111362

Is that SS or DS?!

I want to get her new RAM + graphics for her bday to play TS2 but I don't want to break her PC.

Close but... 32x64 can be single OR double sided. It is the association of the chips as stated in that other post but the actual build (how the chips are placed on the pcb) that makes the difference. For example: a 32x8 or 16x16 build would be a single sided unit of the 256MB variety. 16x8 or 32x4 would be double sided.

The above is only for the sake of argument as a double sided DDR module is not as usual as a single sided.

On a side note, that module you linked to is indeed a single sided unit. I have a bunch here at work we're selling.

Back