• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Retarded question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blackjaw

Registered
I got an email from TigerDirect saying they have 1GB sticks of Ultra DDR400 RAM for $50. Does anyone know if they OC well? Timings of 3-4-4-8. 2.6v. Hoping their might be an Easter egg here.

Well, I would assume they wouldn't oc very good, no ultra product ever really has. But if you wanted to be the guinea pig, I'm sure many would appreciate it :).

LOL. Not really. I have two hungry girls and a wife with an interior design habit. Rather spend money on a sure bet.

Ultra memory is junk. That's why it is so cheap. Those are pretty loose timings, even for a 1GB module. Not to mention, $50 for a DDR400? Not worth the money, at all.

If you want to go el cheapo on memory but still get a quality part (perhaps not for OCing), look for something that has Buffalo or Elpida chips. Those mods are usually less expensive and don't tend to die under normal use. At least not the ones I sell, anyhow.

Thanks. I figured they were junk, was just hoping that they were sleeper RAM. I already have pretty much determined I need to scrape together some good coin for OC friendly RAM.

Back