• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need you advice on choosing the right ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

niffer022

Registered
sorry i have to post this but in stupid when it comes to stuff like this.... im in the middle of upgrading my pc, its nearly finished but i need ram...

the ram will have to be able to be overclocked at the minute my 3.0ghz cpu is running at 3.935ghz and i feel my ram is stopping me from going any higher....

i have £150 to spend but im limited to places that accpet paypal as thats were my funds are at the minute..... can you guys recommend some good ram for that price.. 2gb would be nice but im not holding my breath as i know £150 is not alot of money when it come to high performance goods...

im hoping to buy this ram tonight so any help would be greatfull

thanks in advance nathan

:welcome: to the forums

First, try using another memory divider, lower the ram speed even more, just to see if indeed you are being limited by the memory.

I think that is a very good result from a S478 CPU, and perhaps it isn't the memory that is limiting you but only further testing can show this.

What shops can you purchase from? I am not familiar with the market in England.

niffer022 said:
sorry i have to post this but in stupid when it comes to stuff like this.... im in the middle of upgrading my pc, its nearly finished but i need ram...

the ram will have to be able to be overclocked at the minute my 3.0ghz cpu is running at 3.935ghz and i feel my ram is stopping me from going any higher....

i have £150 to spend but im limited to places that accpet paypal as thats were my funds are at the minute..... can you guys recommend some good ram for that price.. 2gb would be nice but im not holding my breath as i know £150 is not alot of money when it come to high performance goods...

im hoping to buy this ram tonight so any help would be greatfull

thanks in advance nathan

I can only comment from a DDR2 point of view, but www.overclockers.co.uk has some great prices on G.Skill ram. They certainly have a good selection there - places like dabs and ebuyer don't seem to have a clue when it comes to ram, and in my case especially DDR2.

hey thanks for replying iv got some ram now iv bought

2x 1gb sticks of g.skill HZ pc4000 ddr500 from ebay for £135..... been told thats good ram...

again thanks for replying....

Back