• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For all you BH-5 Fans.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DDR677 DDR1!! That's friggin amazing. Well kids, lets start bencing other types of memory with LN2 and see what happens. You never know, perhaps a value line AData stick could do that.

even from this i'm still skeptical as to whether it really is. Honestly it could just be that lower temps could allow already good RAM to clock higher, but I dont think its necessarily doing any COOLING, most likely its probably doing something on a electrical level that few of us could understand :-\

^^^ well its the same principles as the reason why we cool our other chips.

tell me if i'm wrong but i believe metal is less resistant in colder temperatures. the cpu, mosfet, ram modules heck... everything that conducts could benefit from colder temps.

its just that these boards and chips are designed to function at or around ambient so cooling a given chip will yeild dimishing results since the components feeding/or using its processed bits will lacking in comparison.

ram, i'm sure has a huge benefit in cooling and am personally thinking of purchasing (and voiding) my waranty on my upcoming sticks and removing my heatspreader to see if different voltages and speeds afect its speeds.

and ontop of that since ram is now running at exponentialy higher speeds we should start seeing some higher temps.

When I saw that, I yelled "oh my god" so loud that it disturbed the termites on the first floor :D

Now thats a set of benchmarking ram ;).

Back