• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCForums UK meet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
Well people its that time of year, where I gauge interest on a UK meet for ocforums members... This thread is just measuring interest..

The meet will be held in London or the Midlands as they are accessible by all major roads and train lines - A this time in wish to know the following

1) State prefrence London or Midlands
2) Who is interested in coming ? (if you are bringing friends along please state - so im aware of numbers)
3) Age ? (age's of people in the group)
4) What Area of the UK you are coming from ?
5) If someone else is coming from your area would you like a lift or can you give a lift to someone ?
6) Would you like a lan party - requires bringing computer ?
7) Perfer a single day, or a weekend meet incudes ?

Last edited:
UnseenMenace said:
Well people its that time of year, where I gauge interest on a UK meet for ocforums members... This thread is just measuring interest..

The meet will be held in London or the Midlands as they are accessible by all major roads and train lines - A this time in wish to know the following

2) Who is interested in coming ? (if you are bringing friends along please state - so im aware of numbers)
5) If someone else is coming from your area would you like a lift or can you give a lift to someone ?

I'm in.

1) Midlands preferably. I live in southern Scotland until September then near Manchester for a year.
2) Just me coming from the sunny Scottish Borders afaik
3) 20
4) South-East Scotland
5) I will likely bring the car and I can pick people up en route.
6) Sounds good - perhaps even if we had a weekend we could do meet up stuff on say Fri and Sat and have a LAN party Sat evening to Sunday or something.
7) Weekend if we go with a LAN party as part of it - single day meets would be a bit tedious considering the travel involved.

UnseenMenace said:

1) Either I dont mind
2) Just me at the moment, maybe a couple friends
3) Mental or Real Age ? :) (mids 20s)
4) London
5) I'd give anyone a lift except unseenmenace
6) Sure
7) Either or

So when we going ?

LutaWicasa said:
Any chance someone could pick me up in Chicago? :)

If you mean the bar of that name, no problem, if you mean the place - problem !!

The amphibious car is leaking :eek:

Last edited:
LutaWicasa, maybe SSS will lift his personal ban on Ipod scams and you can get 100 people to sign up for a web site and win a "free" ipod, then sell it on scambay and get a ticket.... just an idea :p

Depending on date, i'd be up for it :)

1) Don't mind either Midlands or London
2) Would just be me
3) 21
4) Devon
5) As long as they're not Portugese :mad:
6) YES! I wanna see all your uber 1337 systems! :bday:
7) Don't let me stop you doing a weekend but i'd just turn up for the day methinks :)

Great idea :D

depending on the date, i may be able to stop by
there's a good chance ill be in london within the next month or two

Richie P said:
5) As long as they're not Portugese :mad:

Don't blame the portugese - blame Rooney and also your crap defense ;)

</threadjack>

*ducks*

Depends when it is.

1) Dont mind either
2) Myself and a friend
3) 17
4) South Wales
5) I could give someone a lift
6) My pc is crap...enough said
7) Weekend

UnseenMenace said:
Where you coming from Shard ?

Utah, Western United States ;) I realy wish I could. I was gonna have a trip to europe, UK included, but that fell through. Oh well, I should hope for SOMETHING to happen around here lol. Nobody around here wants to do anything haha.

infinitevalence said:
LutaWicasa, maybe SSS will lift his personal ban on Ipod scams and you can get 100 people to sign up for a web site and win a "free" ipod, then sell it on scambay and get a ticket.... just an idea :p
Thats tooooo funny!! :beer: Sounds like a great time, i'm a bit too far for this one i'm in New England. :(

ohh not a lot want to meet me, and I had new makeup and a avatar planned :cry:

David said:
Don't blame the portugese - blame Rooney and also your crap defense ;)

</threadjack>

*ducks*

/Completely off topic :)

Might hold more weight if it wasn't coming from a Scotsman :p

And i'll have you know that crap defense only conceeded two goals in the whole cup...and one of those was ****ty sol campbells fault! Defense is awesome - it's the wasted attacking options from the overrated manager i'm ****ed about.

And how Portugal and especiallt Figo (after his headbutt) are still in the tournament and haven't been disqualified i don't know.

But hey...no hard feelings :beer:

What sort of time of year we talking? How does the third week in August sound?

1) London
2) Probably just me
3) 17
4) West London
5) No car
6) Computer transport would be an issue - although depending on the numbers perhaps you could look at some sort of LAN cafe which you could hire out? Just a suggestion.
7) I wouldn't mind either although could probably just come along for a single day.

I'd lovee to be able to cuddle David in real life XD

William.

willkill1337 said:
4) West London

I'd lovee to be able to cuddle David in real life XD

William.

I could give you a lift from West London as thats my neck of the woods also:D

Back