• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anth4130

Registered
ram

I am getting OCZ but... I forgot about the FSB etc etc

My mobo is Abit KN8 SLi NF4 SLI, S939,

I want 2x 1GB but do I pick... PC3200, PC3500? :S:S:S:S?!??!?!?! I want the fastest my mobo can have

Last edited:
Anth4130 said:
I am getting OCZ but... I forgot about the FSB etc etc

My mobo is Abit KN8 SLi NF4 SLI, S939,

I want 2x 1GB but do I pick... PC3200, PC3500? :S:S:S:S?!??!?!?! I want the fastest my mobo can have
What your motherboard officially supports, and what is the fastest RAM that your motherboard can have are two different things. If you will not want to be overclocking, and you just want to run things as fast as you can at stock, then you will want to get PC3200 with as tight timings as you can get (ie 2-2-2-x). According to --Abit's Website--, your motherboard supports DDR400 which is also called PC3200. You can confirm all of the speed relationships --Here--.

If, on the other hand, you will want to be overclocking your computer, then you will have to let us know which processor you have so that we can more specifically advise you on which OCZ ram to get.

In the meantime, you can take a look at the following links for more information on memory.

Raven

Oh thanks - AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Socket939 , San Diego Core, 2.2GHz

Many folks here at the Forum have opted for the PC4000 memory as it is guarenteed to clock at 250MHz and most sticks will go higher. Of course, the timings will be slower than the PC3200, which is still a good option provided you use a divider. This will not hurt your overall performance.

Back