• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Partition/folder utilization viewer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AGampher

Hello everyone,

I hope my title made sense... I'm looking for a program that will allow me to open my partitions or folders and view what size files/folders are at a glance, i.e. a "big picture", so I can cull what I need to without going through and clicking on properties for each individual folder. Anyone know of such an application?

Thanks in advance.

In windows if you hover your mouse over a folder it should give you details like total size.

A few years ago, I needed the same type of program, as I didn't know where all of my free space was going. After asking the same question, Xaotic suggested that I give --TreeSize-- a try. It worked perfectly, and now I know exactly what takes up space, and where the files are located.

Some other threads that you might want to take a look at are as follows:
The above threads also offer alternatives to TreeSize, and so giving you more choice!

Raven

raven said:
A few years ago, I needed the same type of program, as I didn't know where all of my free space was going. After asking the same question, Xaotic suggested that I give --TreeSize-- a try. It worked perfectly, and now I know exactly what takes up space, and where the files are located.

The above threads also offer alternatives to TreeSize, and so giving you more choice!

Raven

Fantastic. Thanks, Raven.

raven said:

Great post. ;)

Back