• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bookmarks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gunther

Hey everyone, I did a dumb thing and deleted my bookmarks. I have a backup, but the backup is incomplete is there any way to get my bookmarks back the way they were?

I run on Firefox and I went to the tab that says "bookmarks" and deleted one of the folders because I had already dragged and dropped that folder to the bar beneath the address bar. It just linked the bookmarks to the new bar, so I thought it was redundant to have the bookmark folder in two places so I deleted one and it automatically deleted the other. (hope that all made sense)

I haven't closed my browser yet and think I'll keep it on for tonight and see if I can get them back. I feel like a dumbass for having this problem, but you take what you're dealt I guess. (The only thing I can think to even try is Ctrl+z sense obviously it isn't in the recycle bin.)

When you say you had a back up what did you mean? it was old and that is why it isn't compl.

I like your try with ctrl-z it works for more things then people think. I guess i would just try to go though your history or cookies and see if any of them is a site you wanted to have bookmarked. other then that they are stored in the documents and settings folder in the C: drive (or what ever hard drive letter you have)
good luck man, i would say that there are a lot of people who have done it too...

Yeah I just meant that my back-ups were old. Though I have them, I update my bookmarks quite a bit. So it's really impractical for me to keep updating it.

I'll check my documents and settings folder in hope to redeem my lost files. Who knew such a simple manuever could wreck so much work?

Well I'll keep my browser page open through the night just in case some bright person figures out some way to help me.

Thanks for your input! ^_^

Back