• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying to get 4 sticks to work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaymz9350

well with the system in my sig i was testing if i could get my old ocz gold vx's to run as well and it's not going well. i've managed to finally get the system to boot with all four sticks in but windows doesn't see the 2 512's of ocz. but when i look in everest in the spd tab it shows the ocz's in dimm 1&2 and the g.skill in dimm 4&5. i've tested the ocz's and they will run at least @ 225 with the g.skills voltage and timings.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

VX's are UTT IC's so you will need some serious Vdimm to get them working.

I wouldn't recommend doing this since UCCC's don't play nice with more then 2.9V and you may damage them in long term.

RedDragonXXX said:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

VX's are UTT IC's so you will need some serious Vdimm to get them working.

I wouldn't recommend doing this since UCCC's don't play nice with more then 2.9V and you may damage them in long term.

they run fine on lower voltage. they just need high voltage to hit low timings. i ran them in my old sytem @ 2-3-3-11 (xp-m on an nf2 board) with 2.6v and they run fine at 225 3-4-4-8 @ 2.8v

i am really just playing around with this since i have the week off, but if it works i'll keep the ocz's (for when i may need the extra ram) if not ebay it is.

Yea it will work with relaxed timings and low freq, but don't expect to hit 250MHz with low Vdimm. You should be able to sell them for decent price since UTT's have been out of production for some time now, but if you plan to do it, do it quickly since DDR is slowly phasing out.

And the award goes to you for most bizarre combination that I have ever seen, LOL :beer:

RedDragonXXX said:
Yea it will work with relaxed timings and low freq, but don't expect to hit 250MHz with low Vdimm. You should be able to sell them for decent price since UTT's have been out of production for some time now, but if you plan to do it, do it quickly since DDR is slowly phasing out.

And the award goes to you for most bizarre combination that I have ever seen, LOL :beer:
thanx

i had bought the ocz's to use in my 939 system that got put on hold for almost a year and by the time i finally finished it 2 Gig just felt neccessary.

i didn't plan on hitting 250 this was more of a back up plan cause i'll have this pc for long time (2 kids = no money) i just wanted to see if it worked and how much of a performance hit 225 was from 250 which i usually run at.

my big problem is as stated before windows dosen't even acknowedge the 2 512's are their. i'm probably just gonna sell them but i was bored so i figured what the hell

Yea, you are just loosing on performance running with all 4 sticks and 3GB is really a overkill for avg user.

You will be way better off running with just 2GB at 1T and 250MHz+

Back