• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You Choose My RAM. DDR2/AM2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
should of waited until conroe, honestly, right now and the next 2 weeks is not a time to be buying things with massive price drops around the corner.

O RlY? well something else is always around the corner but you're probably right, these next few months we're seeing some changes that you only see every 3-4 years (normally at the end of a windows cycle)

im waiting awhile to upgrade to the more expensive am2. there will be no "massive" price cut on the cheaper am2, mostlikey a few bucks. anyone else have an idea for ram?

its a good choice...most motherboards won't have a problem with that memory, but to get every ounce of performance out of your pc, look for tighter timings like 4-4-4-12 (or you could do it yourself). and since its a single core you can go under 800 to 667...but you're probably ocing it right? :D

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but EPP might also help (but its way more money)

omfg too late now! wish i saw that earlier.
i put the pc together, now im waiting on the ram. just ordered it today, it will ship monday be here by tues/wends (always is). putting it together was easy, can i test if anything is doa without ram?

Back