• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Democracy Player Opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZhengHe

I recently came across this little piece of software and was wondering what people though of it and whether those opinions are held in common with mine.

What are your opinions on it? I generally stick to VLC and mpc but I'm curious about this as it's the first time I've heard of it.

grumperfish said:
What are your opinions on it? I generally stick to VLC and mpc but I'm curious about this as it's the first time I've heard of it.

I think it has scrapped parts of the VLC code in it. It's a itv program. It's ok IMO.

Ahh- had thought it was a different type of program (and I'm usually pretty good with google :rolleyes: ).. Just tried it out. It's decent, but internet tv isn't really my thing so I probably won't keep it around.

Well I have to give them props for being open source and developing packages for Ubuntu, Debian, and Fedora Linux OS's. I almost didn't check it out because I don't use Windows.

On that note, I've had a quick look at it and it looks simple, and as far as I know its the only internet TV program I've seen for Linux (can't quote me on that) so maybe now I can finally jump on this new bandwagon of laziness :)

Back