• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me out . WindowsXP Popup Blocker BROKEN.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
Im running XpPro and recently had a trojan get loose on the system. I have properly and carefully removed the infection. How ever in the wake of it all Windows Popup Blocker has quit working. I now get that nasty annoying message from NETFLIX when I visit CNN. Is there a way to fix this? More specificly is there a way to repair the Popup Blocker or am I stuck doing a reinstall of XP??

Z

you can reinstall the os . that is the only way to fix an ie problem that i know of because you can't uninstall ie and reinstall it . you can do a os repair but that is just a reinstall with all the program left on the computer . then do all the updates . if you do this i would dl the sp2 update and write it to a disk before you do this it will be a lot faster update if you do . that is asuming your os is pre sp2 .

I did consider a 3rd party blocker but as lame as it sounds the one in IE does a fairly good job. (Yes lol imagine that. . and MS product that actually works well)j/k. I like to run a clean tight ship here I try to avoid too many overlapping programs. Guess Im stuck doing a reinstall.

Z

I think if you spend a day over at microsoft.com they have an installer file for IE, not sure if it'll fix your problem though

Back