• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vista beta2 quirk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greyharte

okies so here's the story

i got a copy of vista beta 64bit, wanted to install, however, since the week before i had just reinstalled xp and have only 1 hd, and vista wanted to complete reformat to install, i decided to partition my hd using partition magic 7.0 (btw this is a new mb/cpu, had just upgraded, specs in sig)

installation went flawless no issues at all and seems to be running fine, cept it doesnt really care for my video card (evga 6200/256 agp 8x) and really doesnt like the video ram and 1.5gb system ram isnt as much it wants (per the performace tool i get a score of 2) :rolleyes: no big deal .. i can log into xp and run my games fine (they didnt do well in vista) thats why i didnt want to wipe the drive

now here's the rub ...

i dont like to leave system on ... so when i go to bed at night it gets turned off, when i turn it on in the morning it doesnt boot and i have to hit the reset 1x and it comes up fine :confused: this didnt occur prior to installing vista

now 1 other new element (at least for me) is i did just get a new viewsonic va1912wb widescreen lcd monitor and it is connected digital (i had a 17in envision analog lcd) and that does seem to cause a little delay in intitial boot while the system tries to decide to connect analog or digital

so you guys got any ideas on this 1?

oh ... and 1 more thing ... this only occurrs on a cold boot ... restarts have no prob

(this has also been posted in the motherboard>amd motherboards>other motherboards forum)

Last edited:
I had this exact same issue when I was testing how far I could overclock the system in my signature - I had to press the reset button after the power button when cold booting.
The problem went away when I lowered the overclock. You could try giving that a go?

Binny.

i gave that a try binman ... but didnt help ... issue definately started when i setup my dual boot xp32/vista64

Last edited:
Back