• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about voltage on the OCZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD4P4SwithFSB

This one:
OCZ Gold GX 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 433 (PC 3500) Unbuffered System Memory Model OCZ433512ELGEGXT - Retail

I spent 67$, I would like to know if it can take as much voltage as the mushkin lvl2, so far it is at 2.9V 200mhz fsb, amI doing right?

harlam357 said:
OCZ website says 2.8v @ 433Mhz... no, those aren't high voltage ICs like the Mushkin lvl2 (bh-5 I presume). Mushkin also had the lvl2 version 2 sticks which were TCCD (mine died). Anyway, you should not use extremely high 3.0v+ on this ram. Higher than 3.0v will invalidate your warranty... and you will probably not need more than the recommended 2.8v anyway.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_el_ddr_pc_3500_gold_gx_xtc
so if I want to overclock I can only up the voltage up to 3.0? and how far do you think It can reach on average? Can you claim warranty on the mushking if you used 3.3v on it? were you able to claim your warranty?

Only to 3.0v without invalidating your warranty... I have no idea what ICs are on those sticks so I can't tell you what kind of performance/OC to expect from those. What I can tell you is that higher voltage does always equal higher OC. Sometimes higher voltage can lead to a lesser OC depending on the particular ram. You'll just have to work with it and see where it responds.

Pays to read... I should've noticed the timings. Duh! :bang head Those would either have to be TCCx or BH/CH die to run those timings and speed. And the EVP voltage should have cue'd me into them being BH/CH. No manufacturer would warranty TCCx up to 3.0v.

@billb- Thanks! :thup: ...but I'm learning. :D

Back