• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choose my new 2x1GB kit!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm just about ready to pull the trigger in a set of the Gskill GBHZ myself. UCCC is very good OC'ing mem ICs for NF-4 chipsets

Not sure on the o/c ability but i'm partial to OCZ. Their product and support is second to none.

krag said:
I'm just about ready to pull the trigger in a set of the Gskill GBHZ myself. UCCC is very good OC'ing mem ICs for NF-4 chipsets

Interesting seeing as you have some 4400Pro. Do you expect to get more from the HZs than your 4400? I've been seeing these later HZs only doing ~260MHz. I'm really shooting for 270... so that's why I'm also looking at the OCZ Gold GX.

Scar said:
Not sure on the o/c ability but i'm partial to OCZ. Their product and support is second to none

I agree Scar... I've had nothing but good experiences with OCZ. I just got some G. Skill LE's that I've yet to push above 275 stable. So I'm not to thrilled with G. Skill @ the moment. Also seeing as how I just pop'd in my OCZ Plat TCCD and they're doing 290 in the same system.

I'm just not finding reports of 270+ for the Gold GX... only the HZs (even if those reports are a bit dated).

nope, sold the Corsairs...Conroe calls and I need a cheaper in-between set while I wait.

What about these OCZ EB's? Are they still CE-6? I've seen clocks up to 280MHz on these (probably hand picked sticks). Price is not an option, so I'm not looking to save a few bucks here. Should I be looking for sticks that are CE-6 based instead? Better stock lats and seem to OC better than UCCC.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227225

Also, I caught a glimpse of what the XTC spreaders look like after removal... looks pretty cheap. One thing I've always liked about OCZ are their heavy copper spreaders. Now those seem to be a thing of the past. Fortunately, these EB's use the old spreader design.

Any other good CE-6 or CE-5 based kits I should be looking at?

EDIT: Couldn't wait... pulled the trigger on the EBs.

Last edited:
Got my EBs! Here's some quick #s after a few hours of playin'. Have them @ 270MHz 3-3-2-8 ATM on 2.6v. Would be extremely happy if they settle in here. :D

Already got em' guys! ;) Ran some Mark01, 03, & 05 on em' last night and I had no issues... I achieved my best 3DMark05 score ever! Also ran 32M(dual) SPI and I've had them folding big WUs since I posted last night. :D

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=300x9270bench5bz.jpg

...I just realized there's no ram clock on that screen shot. Oh well, it's 270MHz. :shrug: I'll put up another shot later to prove it.

270 @ 2.6v !?! whoa, that's Nice. oh man my finger is itchin BAD.

p.s. have you ran any prime/SP'04 with them?

I walked these up from a stock 250 to 277 over the course of an hour and a half while running SP04 Large FFT. Then I thought, this isn't stressing them enough... 277 is pretty high for these sticks already. I don't know why Large FFT is considered a RAM stress when its footprint is generally very small. I never saw the SP04 processes eating anymore than 20MB of RAM a piece. In contrast to running a Blend test which will occupy most all of the RAM it can get.

So I went to a 32M(dual) SPI run... no problem (~256MB per instance). Then onto some 3DMark 01, 03, & 05 runs... 3D is what I've read these sticks have problems with. Many reports of 2D stability up into the high 270s, but only 3D stability into the mid 260s.

I'm gonna let em' fold for the next day or so... I've got some large WUs on that rig right now and they're very good at detecting memory stability. If two instances of this large WU doesn't bomb, then I'm pretty confident dual Blend tests would run as well. I'll probably do some Blend first thing next week as I want this rig available for weekend gaming... which will also help me tell if the dimms are stable.

Back