• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Media Center 2005 100% CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheator

I have had this happen a few times nad it really is getting to me. Randomly or perhaps more often than I notice, my htpc gets nice and slow, to the point where its crawling along and i can barely move through a menu. Closing Media Center and opening the task manager reveals that the CPU is sitting at 100% and it is the "System" task that is using all of it.

System seems to exist on all my windows rigs, using only about 240 k of ram but it is only on my HTPC that it takes up any cpu, let alone all of it. I can't find out what it is either. I scanned for viruses, adware, spyware, running programs, services, etc. I have no clue what is causing it. IT happens both when it is recording and when it isn't. I thought I fixed it by disabling windos messenger but it won't go away! any ideas?

Back