• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

genuine advantage virus released be ware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It spreads via AOL Instant Messenger... I don't think Microsoft updates windows via AIM lol... Looks to me like another typical AIM Virus that just names itself as a WGA process when you get infected with it.

I thought most people felt WGA already was a virus? :lol: Anyways, hopefully most people take notice to the fact that its not windows, but then there wouldn't be many virii at all if people stopped to think about this stuff before clicking on something. I am sure this is the first in a long line of soon to come vulnerabilities and masquerades for the WGA software/"feature".

Ooh! Ooh! Someone share it with me. I want to see the look on its face when it encounters a non-Windows OS:attn:

just wait till it becomes a port virus . i think it is funny that someone made a virus that says it is ginuine advangage .one thing that surprises me is that no one has use the automatic updates to sent viuses to everone .

pik4chu said:
I thought most people felt WGA already was a virus? :lol: Anyways, hopefully most people take notice to the fact that its not windows, but then there wouldn't be many virii at all if people stopped to think about this stuff before clicking on something. I am sure this is the first in a long line of soon to come vulnerabilities and masquerades for the WGA software/"feature".
It meets the CFAA definition of malicious code[1], and meets the Washington State definition of spyware.

[1] This is a reach; while it is not executed without the express consent of the system owner, WGA does not fully disclose what it does, and so could be considered harmful.

Back