• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stoopid ie crashing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
A guy at one of the offices I do computer work for is having a problem where his internet explorer crashes every time he tries to type in a text box, whether filling out a form, googling, etc. AFAK, it just started this morning. I just switched him over to firefox, but I would like to go ahead and get the problem fixed if possible. I did a virus scan and ran adaware so I don't believe either of those to be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
OS is windows xp sp2, and it's ie 6.

scandisk?
sounds like the app might be corrupt.
If it were my PC Id try a dirty install of IE6.

There is a fairly complicated way of uninstalling IE6 to do a fresh (I found it a long time ago websurfing and don't remeber the details)

Try a repair:

Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Tools | Repair Internet Explorer

Enablingwolf said:
Try a repair:

Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Tools | Repair Internet Explorer
That's why I love you guys. Problem fixed! Can't believe it was something stupid like that I neglected to try in the first place.:bang head

Still do the in depth scans.

I think something tried to hijack the browser and it was poorly coded.

Back