• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Large files dissappear when downloaded remotely?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redwraith94

Ok, we have like 8 servers with different companies, I rdp in to upgrade them remotely. They are all small business server 2003, they need five updates in a row, including 2 service packs, and then exchange sp2. At least 3 of these files are in the 300 mb range.

I connect, and dl. So far so good. The thing is if I don't check the connection for an hour, when I open the minimized window (or rdp back in) the files are no longer being downloaded, but only some of the time :bang head.

I can either leave the window alone, or close it (it will say the programs will continue to run, and I can just connect later, but 1 out of 3 times when I go back in all downloads don't exist at all. There has to be an option, or a registry hack to keep the ****ing programs running, it wastes an abnormal amount of time having to re-download so much.

TIA,

Redwraith94

This program will cancel after a short amount of time (20 minutes) just like all of the other programs / downloaders have. There has to be a way to extend, or turn off the timeout for rdp, that would solve the problem.

I figured it out

Two settings had to be changed, the first was to disable the screensaver, on the remote machine, (it is already disabled locally). The 2nd is to go to

Start > Administrative tools > Terminal Services Configuration >

Under the Connections folder, right click on RDP-tcp, and select properties.

Select the Sessions tab, then the 'Override use settings" radio box, and set the limit to whatever seems reasonable. I go for never.

Redwraith94

Back