• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Validation question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

So i just got my new rig and had to buy a copy last night, and they are suppose to email me a key, how long does that take? Anyways would it be bad to load some programs on a bare xp pro load, like AVG, firefox, si sandra, superpi, stuff like that or just wait for my key? Or i could try overclocking i guess, im dying to use the computer, microsoft sucks, lol.

I clicked windows update, it told me i had to validate and since i didnt already have a valid key, i bought one through them. Just following the steps of the validation, after you buy it they will send you your key via email so you can validate and get on with your updates. And you will recieve a cd after a few weeks. This is all through microsoft so i assume its not a scam and i recieved a confirmation email. They said it may take up to 24 hours for the email to come, just thought someone else might have done this and hopefully didnt have to wait that long.

if you installed it with a fake key why are you buying one? i dont understand this. so you pirated windows and now feel guilty?

osiris999 said:
if you installed it with a fake key why are you buying one? i dont understand this. so you pirated windows and now feel guilty?
reading is a good thing. Windows Genuine Advantage is a *****. you flat out cannot install (or download) any updates from MS site unless the OS (or Office) passes the check. His did not (for reasons beyond the forum rules, not to mention irrelevant) so he purchased one through their website.

Back