• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LANime - Salem, OR LAN Party - July 22, 2006

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
Hello All :)

Just wanted to let anybody in the area know of a LAN party. Usually each school term the Etherguild at Chemeketa Community College hosts a LAN / anime party known as "LANime". All the area geeks come together and hang out to frag, watch anime, ddr, cosplay, eat, etc. It's a pretty cool combo :) I only wish it lasted longer than it did :D

Details:
WHERE:Chemeketa Community College 4000 Lancaster Dr NE, Salem, OR Building 9
WHEN: 2pm - Midnight Saturday July 22, 2006
SCHEDULE:
  • Noon - 2pm: Kumoricon general meeting
  • 1pm - 2pm: Setup (if you want to bring a console, don't arrive any later!)
  • 2pm - 5pm: LAN gaming; Console gaming; Manga; Anime; HongKong Cinema; other regular EtherGuild activities
  • 5pm - till done: Game Show to be outside weatherpermitting (new this LAN... not sure what it is...)
  • 7pm - Midnight: Back to the LAN (i.e, see 2-5pm :))
WHAT: The two big games are Americas Army and Halo (on XBOX), though as long as somebody else has the game (since this is school sponsored, no passing around warez copies please :)), you should be free to start up a session. DDR and Karaoke Revolution, as well as other console games. For the anime side of things, there are movies running, drawing contest, tons of manga, cosplay contest, etc.

I'm not sure how many people to expect since this is a summer LAN, but previous LANs have had on the order of 100 attendees. Etherguild website and forum if you want info.

JigPu

Mabey we'll see you at the Fall term LAN Luftwaffle :)

EDIT: BTW, never had a chance to comment -- but love your avatar!
JigPu

Back