• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Agent newsreader still free?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefan

I had freeagent newsreader yrs ago. Now I have paid for Newsbin, but would like to try freeagent again after all these yrs. I don't necc want to try a free month though. Is there any free version for a homeuser? I think I have a version that was free (3.1? on a floppy), but I am unsure what would happen if I installed it now several yrs later, as I prob don't have a number anywhere, if one is needed. Could I use this free?

Looks like Agent 3.3 is not free. Its free for 30 days then $29.00 after.

My suggestion would be to give GrabIT a try (Its FREE).
Or if you want a better newsreader try Newsleecher.

Same as the poster....Agent is no longer freeware like it used to be in the 90's.

I have tried Newleecher..and no problems at all. Though certainly LESS intuitive than Agent ever was.

Ahem... As a person who's running agent RIGHT NOW... I can tell you yes... Agent isn't free, but FREE AGENT is free!

It's always been that way.

Except now they aren't seperate. Agent runs for 30 days then reverts to "Free Agent".

Back