• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE 7 uninstall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdl666

Registered
I installed IE 7 and there was a problem with the installation and IE7 would not open. I uninstalled it and and after the restart I hit IE and to my surprise instead of IE6 I got IE7. But there isn't a way to uninstall it on add and remove programs.

I tried removing every trace of IE7 out of windows(deleted IE folder from program files and deleted all registry entries) so that I could install IE6 and be done with it but won't let me because it says that there is a newer version installed.

I wouldn't mind using IE7 if it worked but I've downloaded and installed it 4 times and every time I get the same results.

If I install it now it will install but I keep having the same problem with it. Then if I un-install it it should go back to the previous version(IE6) but it doesn't there is no IE and it won't let me install IE6 because supposedly there is a newer version installed.

klingens
The uninstall process on that link is only for when IE7 is installed on the system but mine uninstalls completely. Except for something that is telling IE6 that IE7 is installed.

Well I found the way to reinstall IE6. All I had to do was to delete this registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}

Back