• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

howto extract allready installed drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SybrCLocK

hello.. i`m having this huuge problem with my SONY fx1e HD camera...

basicly what happens is:
- in DV mode the camera is installed properly
- in HD mode there is a driver conflict

after spending a good 4 hours on google i figured out that i need Sony D-VHS Tape device which in "some" windows distribution is under a sony category in most of them it's simply missing (it's windowz dohh!)

so i went to a pc that has this driver...
question is how do i extract the files so i can install them on my pc?

in the drivers details in the device manager i only get dlls and others.. no ini

Is there no possible way to download the drivers from Sony? OR did the cam come with an installations CD??

no.. others dedicated many more days to this... and there are no drivers on the net..

i`m guessing since they are integrated in some windows packs...

since i already payed for my windows i sure as hell didnt go right ahead an bought another one just for 100k of drivers... i found one that has them.. and i would like to isolate the files this drivers uses and make an install

so.. :rolleyes:

I would use the device manager and isolate all the dll files. Perhaps do a search for the INF file. You might be able to create your own drivers. If that is a success you cna use a program called nLite to slip[stream the drivers into your version of Windows.

Z

No "perhaps" with the INF file. Unless you have it (it's in %windir%\inf\), the drrver won't install anywhere else. Mot in nlite, not on a 2nd machine. The inf file should also mention any and all files associated with the driver

i understand.. but how do i know which inf is used with that driver? sony tape device

cuz they have all those weird names...

okay i looked through the inf`s i have one called sony which is only for cameras and one called tape which has alot of things in it sony included...

so what i need to do is basicly take all the dll`s used by that installed driver copy them into a folder and add the inf.. and then?

Back