• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad RAM Slots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Astral

Registered
I am currently looking into buying an asus p5wdh deluxe or the gigabyte dq6 for a conroe setup. I noticed that they both have quad RAM slots and was thinking about throwing 4 gigs worth of the mushkin XP2-5300 RAM in them. Should i just go for one 2gig kit so i can dual channel or should i go for all for slots if i can raise the capital? Thanks in advance!

I dont have all the best of the best. I don't want to buy something if Im never going to use it. I'm not going to run crossfire or SLI, however, I am keeping the option open for the future should the market deem it more necessary. So if nothing will use two gigs and making use of those extra two RAM slots is kinda pointless then i won't fill them. If its marginally usefull then I'll just keep the idea in the back of my head until it becomes necessary. That's all I'm asking is what is out there that would deem 4 gigs over 4 slots necessary that i can't do with 2 gigs in 2 slots.

Back