• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My G.SKILL Extreme going down hill :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redrumy3

hey,

well seems like my G.SKILL Extreme Series DDR500 is giving me memory dumps, i ran memtest and getting many errors even on stock, so do i rma it to newegg or gskill. My invoice on newegg for this product says 3/10/2006 so would newegg rma this for me or am i gonna have to send it to gskill.

:)

and if its through newegg do you think i can get a refund for diff ram im looking to buy some ocz ram to replace this :)

Attachments

• DSC01793.JPG
    DSC01793.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 402
only 30 days from the egg, gskill has badass rma I hear so dont worry. you just got a unlucky set, i was the one of the first if not the first on OCF to get this memory last year and mine are still running strong.

Rattle said:
only 30 days from the egg, gskill has badass rma I hear so dont worry. you just got a unlucky set, i was the one of the first if not the first on OCF to get this memory last year and mine are still running strong.
o okay yea i like this set was running good for me just didnt think it was my ram untill i ran memtest thanks im going to set up rma today i guess :D using my old 1gb set of geil i had for 2 years running great :D

good luck man, its just luck of the draw it happens from every ram company although i must say across the board there seems to be a higher failure rate with 1gb modules than with the 512's

Rattle said:
good luck man, its just luck of the draw it happens from every ram company although i must say across the board there seems to be a higher failure rate with 1gb modules than with the 512's
Thanks :) hope they send back fast im gonna miss my 2gb =[ lol

there was a thread around here about someone that was extremely happy with gskill rma, i have never had to use it so i couldnt say.

One thing to check and make sure about, is to check and see if your memory is running 3-4-4-8 as its timings, i found my motherboard detected this memory at 2-5-5-10.

synthetic_fenix said:
One thing to check and make sure about, is to check and see if your memory is running 3-4-4-8 as its timings, i found my motherboard detected this memory at 2-5-5-10.
yea i had it at 3-4-4-8 and then i tried 3-5-5-10 and still get failure in memtest guess its just a bad one =/

well 1gig sticks use high density ram modules (obviously so they can fit more ram in the same area) and they have less tolerance for voltage and a higher chance of failure. Sorry to hear your sticks have failed you, mine have been awesome so far, but I've only had em a few months so far.

squads said:
well 1gig sticks use high density ram modules (obviously so they can fit more ram in the same area) and they have less tolerance for voltage and a higher chance of failure. Sorry to hear your sticks have failed you, mine have been awesome so far, but I've only had em a few months so far.
yea they are nice, just waiting for the email with my rma number and where to send it to so i can send it out monday. btw i see you have same board as me, i have a question when i put dram voltage on 2.6 bios reads it at 2.66 does urs do the same?

Rattle said:
there was a thread around here about someone that was extremely happy with gskill rma, i have never had to use it so i couldnt say.

I used Gskill RMA for a 2x1GB ZX PC3200 kit, they were very fast and helpful, in fact I got advance RMA

Cisco Kid said:
I used Gskill RMA for a 2x1GB ZX PC3200 kit, they were very fast and helpful, in fact I got advance RMA
advaned rma means they send u it first? how do i set that up i would like to do that :D

RMA to manufacturer. Much faster than dealing with the egg. They will prolly take it and send it to the manufacturer, then send what Mushkin sent them. Skip the middle man.

hmm, funny that you posted that. I have gotten errors with my ram as of late. I had to drop my OC down 5mhz so it will be stable again. I am going to wait and see if it happens again (more errors at 260) and if it does I am going to RMA them.

Just checked out gskill's site, and their warranty seems to be great. Just noticed something funny though:

"We will definitely do our best effort to serve and help you because Gskill always care about what you feel.

“You take care your computer, we take care your memory.”

Yours Sincerely,

GSkill Tech Support"

good thing they aren't taking care of English!

Last edited:
Janus67 said:
hmm, funny that you posted that. I have gotten errors with my ram as of late. I had to drop my OC down 5mhz so it will be stable again. I am going to wait and see if it happens again (more errors at 260) and if it does I am going to RMA them.

Just checked out gskill's site, and their warranty seems to be great. Just noticed something funny though:

"We will definitely do our best effort to serve and help you because Gskill always care about what you feel.

Yours Sincerely,

GSkill Tech Support"

yea i saw that and laughed as well i just got email earlier today from them gave me a rma number and i sent it out to them already, lady at post office said should get there tomorrow so thats good and from the email they saywhen they receive it they send it out the same day so thats another plus :-D just hope the set i get back doesnt fail cause i just ordered new harddrive and powersupply :D

Janus67 said:

Yours Sincerely,

GSkill Tech Support"

you shouldn't RMA your sticks unless they are not stable at stock settings.

redrumy3 said:
yea they are nice, just waiting for the email with my rma number and where to send it to so i can send it out monday. btw i see you have same board as me, i have a question when i put dram voltage on 2.6 bios reads it at 2.66 does urs do the same?

I think mine reads around 2.65 in BIOS...this board has overvolted all the RAM I've had in there by about 0.05V. Doesn't really bother me, still well within the running voltage of the sticks.

I know, and do not plan on it. I just figured that if I start getting errors at 250mhz then I will do it.

i think i got a tracking number from them i think its them lol package weighs 1lb so i think its my ram comes monday so that aint bad i guess, now i have to do my powersupply lol

My 2gig kit of G.Skill Extreme Series don't even run at stock FSB 250 speed. They hit the brick at FSB 245 and even then still produce some BSOD errors and don't pass memtest nor prime95 completely. I am still playing with timings and voltage settings for them on a DFI Lanparty Pro B Rev. B motherboard. Should I keep messing with them, or is this a sign of giving up and getting an RMA on them.

dja2k

Back