• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS Streets & Trips or iPod GPS system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prot

I was wondering what people think of Microsoft Streets & Trips with the gps receiver. Is there a better program available? I'm running Windows XP Home edition. Alternatively, I was wondering if someone knew of a gps receiver and mapping application available for iPod.

For the iPod I am unsure... Streets and Tips isn't that good... Everytime you leave a certain area you have to manually reload the map to a different region. I recommend TomTom, its good and easy to use.

Does TomTom make a program and gps receiver for a laptop? I looked at their website and everything I saw was either a standalone gps navigation system or stuff for a pda. Their standalone system cost several hundred dollars. What I'm after is something for my laptop that is relatively inexpensive and expands the usefulness and functionality of myh laptop.

Back