• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

password changed...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boris_37

okay well my oldest sister called me today and i guess she says, somehow, i'm not sure that she reset her password. She doesn't know what it could be and i'm pretty sure this is on her main admin account.

Is there any way to get by this? I've never ran by this problem... so i can't say. I doubt there is but i thought i would inquire.

oh edit... windows xp too i believe. but no matter what it should be the same solution for each assuming there is one.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Ahh... unless she got wasted and changed the password, or got hacked, it should be the same.

Make sure she is using the correct case, upper or lower, when inputing the password.

Looooots of ways to fix the problem, you might just google it and see what you come up with. Probably even a fix for it on MS's site.

When XP is installed there are 2 accounts set up. The one you create, and there is always an 'administrator' account, with a blank password by default. When you get to the welcome/login screen hit ctrl-alt-del to get a login prompt and try the administrator account with a blank password. Then she can change her password back to whatever she wants.

Bios24 said:
Looooots of ways to fix the problem, you might just google it and see what you come up with. Probably even a fix for it on MS's site.

When XP is installed there are 2 accounts set up. The one you create, and there is always an 'administrator' account, with a blank password by default. When you get to the welcome/login screen hit ctrl-alt-del to get a login prompt and try the administrator account with a blank password. Then she can change her password back to whatever she wants.

ah okay yeah it worked. She kind alives far away which is why its harder for me to do these things hands on, who knows she coulda been drunk out of her mind and changed it i really don't know. That's good for future reference i didn't know that it had that account. Thanks a bundle.

Back