• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DISK BOOT ERROR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gokukuhn

Registered
I tried to install Windows Office XP on brand new hardware, but it says "DISK BOOT ERROR, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"
So i tried downloading windows and burning the ISO to a disc as bootable, but i get the same thing. Can you help me?

More info please. You tried to install Office and you get that message? Did you install Office and then get that message on subsequent reinstall?

Or, are you saying that the Windows XP disc you are using is causing this? If that's the case you need to jump into BIOS and change your boot priority to CD first then HDD.

It's all brand new hardware. Just put it together. HDD has nothing on it at all. Very first install. I went into the bIOS and set the CDROOM boot priority to 1 and HDD to 2, and it still says DISK BOOT ERROR. Then i tried pressing F8 when booting up and selecting the CDROM to boot from, and same thing. Do I need to do anything with the jumper on the cdrom or change something else in the BIOS for brand new stuff?

Check the jumper setting on the CD drive. Makes sure it is set as the "Master". Screw Cable Select, I've had more problems with that...

Back