• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me find some ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

allen1090

first of all im looking for a 2x1gig pair. It would need to run at around 250-260 fsb, so this is for oc'ing but im also looking to buy it to play bf2 without massive stutering after loading maps and what not. my price limit is $300CAD.

my setup
ASRock dual 939
3700+ @ 2.5 stable up to around 2.8
1gig OCZ premier @ 230fsb
7900gt

if im missing any info just ask:)

Check out the OCZ 2GB Platinum kits. I have the PC3200 variant that does (with ease, mind you) 2.5-3-2-5 1T. FSB on the board is 330 and the actual MHZ of the RAM is 220. That's at a paltry 2.8v for the memory.

Stable as all get out.

The best performing 2 gig DDR kits use Infineon CE-5/6 chips and can be found in Mushkin XP-4000. Might cost you a few $ over $300 canadian but is worth the few extra bucks. Link

I did a review of this mem a while ago, and its still going strong. :) Link

Like Eldonko said the Mushkin series will most likely perform the best but if you dont want to fork over that kind of money take a look at G.Skill. They make a very nice DDR500 2GB kit with black heatspreaders for additional sexiness.

thanks guys:)
well im looking at that mushkin and its about $400:eek:, but if its definatly worth it i'd be willing to pay for it. As for the G.Skill I currently cant find any place selling it:-/

allen1090 said:
thanks guys:)
well im looking at that mushkin and its about $400:eek:, but if its definatly worth it i'd be willing to pay for it. As for the G.Skill I currently cant find any place selling it:-/
$273US direct from Mushkin, + shipping and exchange of course but thats alot cheaper than $400.

Back