• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question regarding user logon issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

I have a Domain setup, and starting today, I've encountered an issue with User Logons. I didn't modify any user configuration or settings at all today and it just started happening today. Basically, users seem to only be able to logon once every so often (5-10 minutes). A user will logon, then logoff, then try to logon again, and they're given the message, "The system could not log you on. Make sure your blah blah blah." Administrator has no problem with this and can login whenever. The thing is, the password is correct, and i've been troubleshooting this now for a half hour or so. I'll be able to use the password once every so often (5-10 minutes, but if I try within that few minute period, it'll give me that message. Anyone encounter this before and know of a solution?

Also, this only happens remotely using remote desktop. Terminal services is installed. Logging on locally it works fine.

Last edited:
Hmm... sounds like some malware got ya. I had a similar issue at work, actually almost identical. Something got in and corrupted the pwl that stores all of the passwords (admin is stored somewhere else afaik).

Deleting the users passwords and having everyone set up a new one seems the easiest way out of this. (that's what I did)

Actually, I have a bunch of labs at home I test with. I accidentaly had 1 of hte other labs with the same netbios name for the DC and there were netbios conflicts. I shut down the other lab and it started working flawlessly again.

Funny how some things can seem so complicated but yet be so simple, eh?

Back