• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial BalisticX Tracer PC4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AcaNo1

ok, i recently bought 1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000 (2x512 dual channel kit). must say awesome looking modules. so first on first look it seems good, but when inserted on board, the trouble began. frst left all set to auto, HTT 200, cpu:mem- 1:1... booted. gone into everest, PC2700 2.5-4-2-8 1T. okay, reboot, set manualy ti DDR400 2-2-2-5 [email protected]. no problem, pass prime for 5 hours, super pi...
then wanted to set them to rated DDR500 speed. went into bios, set
2.5-4-4-8 [email protected], all other left to auto. restarted but wont boot, just beep, beep...., so i said myself, i missed something bad. tryed again, loosed timings, rise voltage. no way man. best is welcome screen, and then BSOD. even tryed 3-5-5-10-16-24 1T, but no chance! decided to go to 2T, and miracle boot!!! everything looked ok, so ran some everest memory read&write
read- 3728
write- 1120 (dissapointing, aint?) write is just too small.
anyway to cut the story, tryed all kind of settings, and came up with DDR480 2.5-3-3-8 1T @2.9v, anything above that will result in 2T, and bad mem. write. does anyone have idea how to fix this. modules are tested on MSI K8N NEO-F, with 3000+ Venice, worked perfectly at DDR504 2.5-4-3-8 1T in dual channel mode. i'm curently on sempron 2800+ venice E6. my bios was CK8XDA19, changed to CK8XD609 (beta), but nothing!
what should i do?
maybe moded bios will help?
where to find one?

please help me i wouldnt like to sell this great looking modules.

AcaNo1 said:
ok, i recently bought 1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000 (2x512 dual channel kit). must say awesome looking modules. so first on first look it seems good, but when inserted on board, the trouble began. frst left all set to auto, HTT 200, cpu:mem- 1:1... booted. gone into everest, PC2700 2.5-4-2-8 1T. okay, reboot, set manualy ti DDR400 2-2-2-5 [email protected]. no problem, pass prime for 5 hours, super pi...
then wanted to set them to rated DDR500 speed. went into bios, set
2.5-4-4-8 [email protected], all other left to auto. restarted but wont boot, just beep, beep...., so i said myself, i missed something bad. tryed again, loosed timings, rise voltage. no way man. best is welcome screen, and then BSOD. even tryed 3-5-5-10-16-24 1T, but no chance! decided to go to 2T, and miracle boot!!! everything looked ok, so ran some everest memory read&write
read- 3728
write- 1120 (dissapointing, aint?) write is just too small.
anyway to cut the story, tryed all kind of settings, and came up with DDR480 2.5-3-3-8 1T @2.9v, anything above that will result in 2T, and bad mem. write. does anyone have idea how to fix this. modules are tested on MSI K8N NEO-F, with 3000+ Venice, worked perfectly at DDR504 2.5-4-3-8 1T in dual channel mode. i'm curently on sempron 2800+ venice E6. my bios was CK8XDA19, changed to CK8XD609 (beta), but nothing!
what should i do?
maybe moded bios will help?
where to find one?

please help me i wouldnt like to sell this great looking modules.
Run the SPD timings that you find with CPU-Z.

AcaNo1 said:
i did, but system wont even boot. weird!?
A little more info, and why don;t you post some CPU-Z screenies.

What is FSB, multi, divider and bus speeds set at, when it will boot and when it won't. Sorry to ask, but I don;t know how much you know about OCing and trying to find out id it is memory, CPU or even HTT that is the problem.

tryed 1:1, tryed divider but nothing. cpu is not a problem can hit 2725MHz
theres screenshots for more info.

Attachments

• prime95&SuperPi1.gif
    prime95&SuperPi1.gif
    167.2 KB · Views: 65
  • A64Info.JPG
    A64Info.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 58
AcaNo1 said:
tryed 1:1, tryed divider but nothing. cpu is not a problem can hit 2725MHz
theres screenshots for more info.
A couple of things: Your CPUZ screenie shows the memory is not in dual channel and the A64Info screenie shows command rate 2T. This makes me thing the memory is in the wrong slots. Each stick should be on a different channel.
That will lead to the issues you are having. On most DFI MOBOs the slots are orande/red. See the attached (for the LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR)

Attachments

• DFI Channels.jpg
    DFI Channels.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
i have NF4x Infinity, it has only 3 slots. memory is inserted in first two, acording to the manual.

Back