• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my OCZ PC4000 and 3200 Venice!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hi guys.... just got a 3200 Venice last week and I've been trying to get her to 2.6Ghz with no luck so far. I made the mistake of going all out and setting the HTT to 260, bumping my vcore up to 1.650 (1.500v x 110% special) (Also my board seems to undervolt by around .05v....), upping the RAM voltage to 2.8v with the +.03v enabled... Ended up corrupting driver installations, crashing Prime95, Super PI, and an overall murdered Windows install :beer: So... here I am.. I reinstalled Windows last night with these settings as reccomended by SteveOCZ here on the forums:

SteveOCZ said:
Try these out

FSB Bus Frequency............................. 250 MHz
LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... Auto
CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... 8
PCI eXpress Frequency......................... 100

CPU Voltage .................................. 1.400v
LDT Voltage .................................. 1.30v
ChipSet (NF4) Voltage ........................ 1.60V
DRAM Voltage ................................. 2.60v
+0.03 if not 3.2V ............................ enable

Memclock (DRAM Frequency) .................... 200
1T/2T Timing (Command Per Clock).............. 1T
CAS Latency (Tcl)............................. 2.5T
RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd)..................... 4T
Min RAS# active time (Tras)................... 8T
Row precharge time (Trp)...................... 4T
Row Cycle time (Trc).......................... 11T
Row refresh cyc time (Trfc)................... 16T
Row to Row delay (Trrd)....................... 3T
Write recovery time (Twr)..................... 3T
Write to Read delay (Twtr).................... 2T
Read to Write delay (Trwt).................... 3T
Refresh Period (Tref)......................... 3120
DRAM Bank Interleave.......................... Enabled

DQS Skew Control.............................. Auto
DQS Skew Value................................ 0
DRAM Drive Strength........................... Normal 3 or 4 (called Level 6 or 8 in other bios')
DRAM Data Drive Strength...................... Level 2
Max Async Latency............................. 8ns
DRAM Response Time............................ Normal
Read Preamble Time............................ 6ns
IdleCycle Limit............................... 256
Dynamic Counter............................... Disable
R/W Queue Bypass.............................. 16x
Bypass Max.................................... 7x
32 Byte Granularity........................... Disable (4 Bursts)

The only things I changed a little from those timings was my Tras, which I set at 9 and my DRAM voltage- which I set to 2.8v (which is whats on the sticker on the RAM)... Now heres the fun part... I finished installing all the Windows updates and video, sound, and chipset drivers. I opened up Prime95 to prime the computer while my wife and I went out to eat and to go fishing :) I came home about 4 hours later to see that it had failed Prime after only 2 minutes!!! At stock volts, stock clocks for the cpu, and stock HTT (250HTT x 4x LDT)...WTH?? :bang head :
My RAM is OCZ PC4000, rated at 2.5-4-4-7 according to the sticker on the heatspreader (CPU-Z reports it as 2.5-5-5-9 though??) Any help guys? :shrug:

P.S. I ran a quick test of Memtest last night with the HTT at 260, vcore at 1.650v (1.500 x 110%), CPU Multiplier at 10x, LDT at 4x, vdimm at 2.8v + .03v enabled, and the RAM at 2.5-4-4-8 and 2.5-4-4-9 (ran two tests) and I got 2 errors on test 5 and 6 errors on test 8... Don't know if that's acceptable or not... I ran all 10 tests as well. I also only got 2902 MB/S on the bandwidth??

*edit* The reason I posted this thread instead of updating the current thread "Need help with my OCZ PC4000" is because a lot of variables have changed since that posting and I believe this post more accurately describes the situation

Last edited:
if your geting errors at stock then there is a problem.. id have mem replaced..other than that //thats the way the cookie crumbles..

well after a couple hours off tinkering, I got it at 240x10 w/ 1.4v at 2.5-4-4-9 with 2.75v.... Weird because I ran the RAM all day long on my NF7-S at 243 FSB with 2.8v at 2.5-3-3-6.....strange...I'm thinking that maybe I was pumping too many volts into my RAM (is that even possible?)

SuperDave1685 said:
DRAM voltage- which I set to 2.8v (which is whats on the sticker on the RAM)...
2.8v is the maximin you can run and still maintain your warranty, It has nothing to do with stability.

Find out what ICs are on your memory, read posts by those with the same ICs and try what works for those people. Or determine the most stable Vdimm yourself with Superpi. You will find that there is a Vdimm above which, and below which there is less stability.

Back