• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what 2gig kit should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blarf

hi,
i own a 2*1gb pc4000 ballistix kit , which is actually getting exchanged due to failure.
i'm tired of waiting for my new kit, they keep pushing the ETA back at crucial. which other kit should i buy assuming that i will sell my ballistix.

i'd like a pc4000 kit 2*1gb. sorry for askin but i've been out of the loop for a bit and i don't know what is good out there.

blarf said:
hi,
i own a 2*1gb pc4000 ballistix kit , which is actually getting exchanged due to failure.
i'm tired of waiting for my new kit, they keep pushing the ETA back at crucial. which other kit should i buy assuming that i will sell my ballistix.

i'd like a pc4000 kit 2*1gb. sorry for askin but i've been out of the loop for a bit and i don't know what is good out there.

I would check into the G.SKILL Extreme Series DDR500 2GB Kit on NewEgg, around $185 shipped right now. People on these forums have been getting good overclocks and performance, I'll be ordering my pair around Monday-Tuesday.

I am also looking for soem good 2gb kit, probably atleast ddr2 1000, i will be ocing, but i will be using it with my pd 930 for awhile till i get a conroe. must be from ncix.com :(

-FX- said:
I am also looking for soem good 2gb kit, probably atleast ddr2 1000, i will be ocing, but i will be using it with my pd 930 for awhile till i get a conroe. must be from ncix.com :(

FX, they are talking regular obsolete DDR RAM here. If you are looking for high speed DDR2, maybe check out my new thread (see link).

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=469246

If you have to buy only from ncix.com, then you might check out the OCZ PC2-8000 (DDR2-1000) Platinum Enhanced Latency XTC. The ProClockers review was able to hit DDR2-1027 using 4-4-4-12 timings with just 2.2v.

Last edited:
Back