• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new record on PDP XBLK DDR400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ochungry

After tweaking this computer forever, I am finally able to reach DDR620, w/ 2.5-4-3-8, 1T w/ this PDP XBLK TCCD 815.
Did Superpi 32M in 26:12 loop 24, and 27:08 Pi value output data.
SISandra is also showing over 7800 of memory bandwidth.
I have A64 3000 Venice On Asrock dual SataII motherboard.
Everest shows 35.8ns memory latency.
I dont know if these mem timings and the benchmarks are record for this PDP XBLK, but I think those numbers are impressive.
I had to raise vdimm to 3.05v in order to get the memory stable anything over 290mhz.
Screenshot1
Screenshot2

RedDragonXXX said:
Very nice :thup:
Tnx RedD.
I am able to go as high as 315mhz but cant pass spi. I did 312mhz and passed spi 32m but took about 20 second longer instead of improving.
I think I have to play w/ all of mem timings (all those in A64tweaker) to get it right. will post if it gets any better.
You know, i soldered an extra capacitor to one of memory cap's (same size cap, total of 4) and it seems it has improved the vdimm droop a little. But still fluctuates from 0 to 25mv downward.

ochungry said:
I had to raise vdimm to 3.05v in order to get the memory stable anything over 290mhz.

The wierd thing is I'd always heard that TCCD responds indifferently at best to increased voltage.

Tanx mates,
Ok, I am able to test 8M spi @ 314 with those timings. window freezes when I try to take screenshot @ 315, and a lot of time freezes right after loading window. I think it's the vcore or cpu mhz limit. I dont want to increase vcore to 1.675v because i am just using stock HSF. I was using 1.625v for 314x9 and temp hit the roof during spi.
I think I got lucky w/ this Venice and PDP mem kit. Am planning to remove the IHS and build me a phase change.
anyway, here are some screenshots for you:
SPI 1M
SPI 8M
Everest mem latency
Everest mem read
BTW, CPUZ newest version does not show correct vcore. It should be 1.625

Very nice indeed. I'am glad to see your keeping up the good work.

My TCCD didn't like vddim above 2.87 on my ultra-d but now on my expert it take 2.96 like it's candy and doesn't even get warm.

The best sandra I got was 7900mbs I think alittle more and I finally got 2x29sec superpi run's.

jonspd said:
Very nice indeed. I'am glad to see your keeping up the good work.

My TCCD didn't like vddim above 2.87 on my ultra-d but now on my expert it take 2.96 like it's candy and doesn't even get warm.

The best sandra I got was 7900mbs I think alittle more and I finally got 2x29sec superpi run's.
tnx jon.
I still cant get spi go below 30s even w/ 316mhz

Superpi is going to be alittle more ghz oriented. Try a nice cold boot up with cpu alittle outta spec and see if you can get a 29 sec run.

Dang those are some nice results. Did you find it better to increase the ram by 1mhz and loosen the timings? Or was tighter timings better than a high frequency?

inkfx said:
Dang those are some nice results. Did you find it better to increase the ram by 1mhz and loosen the timings? Or was tighter timings better than a high frequency?
The tightest timimgs (CAS-2, etc) are a waste with TCCD..it just runs fast.

ochungry said:
tnx jon.
I still cant get spi go below 30s even w/ 316mhz
FSB has to b higher.
Run it up as high as your mobo will allow and use the highest multi you can and run the TCCD at 1:1'
Download A64INFO and a whole new world will open up for you. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96678
There's also a beta that does jitter and some other stuff too.
P)lay with MAL, Read Preamble and Tref (http://www.overclock.net/faqs/96478-what-effect-tref-overclocks.html)

Attachments

• Superpi 305.jpg
    Superpi 305.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 114
billb said:
FSB has to b higher.
Run it up as high as your mobo will allow and use the highest multi you can and run the TCCD at 1:1'
Download A64INFO and a whole new world will open up for you. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96678
There's also a beta that does jitter and some other stuff too.
P)lay with MAL, Read Preamble and Tref (http://www.overclock.net/faqs/96478-what-effect-tref-overclocks.html)

Keep in mind that you are running with 3GHz and he's at 2.8GHz, big difference.

inkfx said:
Well, I started w/ 300mhz because I knew it was possible. Then, i increased the fsb by 1-2 mhz at the time and each time i did the spi 32M.
when i was able to do spi 32M @ 310, then I said maybe this ram can do more.
I am not stable anything over 310 due to ram (or cpu) so I can not say which one is better, higher mhz or tighter timings.
But I ran mine 24/7 @ 345x8 w/ 166 divider (mem @ 276) or just plain 9x300 1:1. Both settings I use 3-4-4-8 (stock timings) to be on safe side and dont corrupt my system.

Back