• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system maitance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cliffboss

what are some of the best programs for doing system maintence like registry cleaning etc.

just like to know what u are all using so i dont download crap

registry cleaning.. i use winASO, along with there defrag utility for the registry.

you can buy it or you can fix 10 errors at a time with the trial. i use the trial and it doesnt bother me to fix 10 at a time.. the registry defrag tool is free.

other than that i use windows defrag for hard drive and windows scan disk for error checking ..

I use Diskeeper 10 pro premier; it will defrag a 300 gig HD in a mater of minutes. Never used anthing better or faster. CCleaner is a very good cleaner, it will do a great job,(( make sure you don't remove the wrong things))!!!!!!
CCleaner is freeware

I use Diskeeper 10 and RegSupreme (Macecraft.com)

Used both programs for about 6+ years now and would not be without either one . I have Resupreme ver 1.3 installed but have yet to try the new 1.4 ; considering Regsupreme has free lifetime updates , Ill be giving that a try soon .
My .02

I use diskeeper 10 and O&O defrag prof. for hdd defragging. Personally I think O&O is a better program allowing such things as full reorganization of files by most-recently-accessed, etc, although diskeeper will let you do things like increase the MFT size.

Driver Cleaner Pro (freeware) is great for cleaning out videocard and soundcard drivers and whatnot.

I use Tweak UI and Tweak-XP Pro for system/UI maintenance and edits.

Currently using Diskeeper 9 Pro like the others with version 10 mine defrags in minutes. And provide's a great boot-up defragger as well as an option to let it set the page file to the best size for your system.

Back