• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vundo trojan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strappleberry

hey guys, i need some help. i've been getting random popups and so forth lately from IE, so i decided to check the Manage Addons section of it, and i was googling all the things, and i found gebca.dll so i googled it and it's the vundo trojan, i've rant he removal tool from Symnatec but it didn't find it... so for the time being, i disabled the addon in IE, but i need your help removing it. HijackThis doesn't find it either... any help is would be much appreciated.

also, i did run this http://www.atribune.org/content/view/30/2/ 'cause i kept getting that popup.

**EDIT** well i just rereant he symnatec program, and it found, and removed the trojan...

**EDIT 2** i restarted then went back into the addons, just to check, and it was still there, Reenabled, i might add... so i still need help. thanks

Last edited:
whenever you run removal tools, spyware scans or virus scans when you know you have something you are trying to remove always do two things.

First is to disable the windows System Restore. Right click my computer and goto properties, then click the system resotre tab and choose "turn off system restore"

Second is to reboot into safemode before running the scans that way you are far more likely to get every piece of it since safe mode is unlikely to be using the associated files.

Back