• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Hey all, I just installed windows and am experiencing some problems with IE. When I goto dells website (install this on a 9300) the select my system or enter my TAG number it was giving me some error (wasn't really paying attention...I think it started with a "w" and was a 3 letter error message/code. Anyway, I checked this box that said don't show again, and it still keeps erroring after many reboots. I installed IE 7 beta 3 and everything worked great, but I hate IE 7 beta layout (can I make it have the classic layout?) so I unisntalled and hoped it would work...but no same problem (but again no message since I checked the box). I even ran the SFC (system file checker) and the problem still exists.

Any ideas?

In my experience IE has been nothing but problems. I switched over to firefox and found some commands to speed it up a bit. It's been running flawlessly on my rig and my parents for the past couple of years. When I recomend firefox to my friends they are skeptical at first but when they get it installed they see the light.

Sounds like a plugin like activex or java may be corrupted. Honestly never been to the Dell site so not sure what those boxes use or if its just plain html, though I would try downloading updates to all the add ons for a browser like flash,java and so on. As for Firefox and other browsers I am sure you have heard plenty of them so not going to spam how you should get one, though if you want a IE look alike MyIE2 was supposed to be somewhat like IE but with options. Personally I found it cluttered. Before you mess with much though try this and see if a full reinstall of it does not help; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378/

Back