• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc2-5300 macbook pro ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSGentoo

has anybody had success with using ram faster then pc2-5300 on a macbook pro?

I am curious, i am looking at upgrading to faster ram but have found little on the web about it.

does the "5400" stuff even actually run faster than 5300?
i think your best bet for marginal performance improvement is to go for lower latency. *shrug* (and of course make sure you're taking advantage of the dual channel capability)

I never noticed any changes in performance in my powermac G5 when I put in faster ram....

But I solved the performance problem anyway, too bad a macbook doesn't have 8 slots of ram, else you could do the same as me:santa:

Is_907 said:
does the "5400" stuff even actually run faster than 5300?
i think your best bet for marginal performance improvement is to go for lower latency. *shrug* (and of course make sure you're taking advantage of the dual channel capability)

Well mac doesn't really work that way, there is no bios... So there is little to change on timings, voltages and frequencies.

Back