• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant get my g.skill HZ 2gig kit stable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabe3

Well iam really tyard of this, I cant get this memory stable. I've try all different settings on the dram page in my bios on my dfi ultra-d and its driving my crazy.

has anyone had this problem?

Gabe3 said:
Well iam really tyard of this, I cant get this memory stable. I've try all different settings on the dram page in my bios on my dfi ultra-d and its driving my crazy.

has anyone had this problem?
Let's start out with the easy stuff:
What CPU, what FSB , multi and divider?

billb said:
Let's start out with the easy stuff:
What CPU, what FSB , multi and divider?
seems like it was a voltage thing, because iam stable now at 242mhz

redrumy3 said:
kit should do 250 fine cause thats ddr500 speed , just make sure u drop multi to 4 instead of 5
ldt multi? mine has been on 2x, I still cannot get the ram stable on the 166 divider, with my overclock the ram would be running at 262mhz, right now its stable on the 150 divider and the ram is running at 242mhz

Last edited:
Gabe3 said:
ldt multi? mine has been on 2x
hmm should be able to do ddr500 speeds fine ,

i have mine like this
same ram as u and motherboard
ram i have at 2.55v
cpu 1.4 bios reports 1.38
11x250 or 10 x 250 does it fine
4 multi

but when i want to oc ram more, but i usually run at stock(ram) but its stable with settings below
i do 10 x 290

ram at 2.66
cpu @ 1.45
multi 3

some reason when i set voltage @ 2.5 or 2.6 bios reads it at 2.55 or 2.66 =/

Last edited:
redrumy3 said:
hmm should be able to do ddr500 speeds fine ,

i have mine like this
same ram as u and motherboard
ram i have at 2.55v
cpu 1.4 bios reports 1.38
11x250 or 10 x 250 does it fine
4 multi

but when i want to oc ram more, but i usually run at stock(ram) but its stable with settings below
i do 10 x 290

ram at 2.66
cpu @ 1.45
multi 3

some reason when i set voltage @ 2.5 or 2.6 bios reads it at 2.55 or 2.66 =/
DFI overvolts a tad

with my cpu overclock and dram dividers.... 242mhz is about the closest I can get the ram to stock 250mhz speed. if I go for the 166 divider it puts the ram running at about 260mhz which prime95 fails at that

try 250x9 or 250x8 and see if its stable, if it is then its your cpu mem controller, cant handle 2.9 and and ddr500 with that kit, has higher density then a 1gb kit and is harder on the cpu.

Back