• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ or G.Skill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rcmorr0924

The G. Skill has better timings and will probably O/C a little higher. That G. Skill "HZ" RAM should have Micron D9 chips. If you can swing the extra cash, it's probably worth it.

loved my gskill but i had to send it back for rma cause it was getting memtest but it ocs very well, and rma service is great fast email and i sent it on thursday and it comes tomorrow :D

The G Skill's have the better stock timings and from what I have read it seems they have been using the new Micron D9 chips for the last couple of months.

I have a set enroute and will be able to tell next weekend if they are any good.

From what I hear and what everyone in this thread is saying the G.Skills seem to be the winners just for the lower timings and the sweet Micron D9 chips. Even though they are a tad more expensive, its probably worth it.

I am sold on the G.Skill, I just ordered it 5 mins ago actually :)

Now to figure out and order the rest of my specs hehe.

S_Wilson said:
The G Skill's have the better stock timings and from what I have read it seems they have been using the new Micron D9 chips for the last couple of months.

I have a set enroute and will be able to tell next weekend if they are any good.
im getting mine back from rma think mine are gonna have micron D9 chips? or uccc like my old set?

UCCC on DDR2?

I don't think your old set had UCCC. And if you're getting a new set back on RMA, as long as they are made after 0605 (check the S/N) they will be D9.

Back