• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TeamGroup PC-6400 Results D9GMH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ad Rock

Thought I would share my initial results with my first experience with DDR2. I have choosen TeamGroups PC-6400 2x1GB kit as my first set of DDR2 ram and also hopefully part of my future Conroe rig. I made the decision after Gautam brought them to my attention and we started seeing some initial results from OPB on XS with this RAM.

Anyway they have the latest revision of Micron D9 chips (D9GMH's to be exact) which will never replace Fatty D9's but should come close. Voltage is set at 2.3v and I intend to Vdimm mod the board soon to at least see if upping the Vdimm to 2.5-2.7 will net me any noticable gains.

After a day of messing around I managed to get them to run at 410 mhz 3-3-3-4 which IMO is pretty respectable for a set of mid level RAM. Also I should say that I am pretty sure my crappy CellyD 326 is holding back these sticks as even if I drop the timming's to 4-4-4-15 I can not gain anymore MHZ on them :bang head

I am think I might drop my phase on this chip this week and see if it really is my CPU holding me back or not.

Anyway here is the obligatory SS ( 8M was all I was willing to sit through to get this SS, if you look at the time you will know why :rolleyes: )

Screen8M.JPG

I'm interested in seeing how far these will go since I'm hoping to do an upgrade pretty soon here involving DDR2 memory. Keep up the good work and good luck!

Back