• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading to 2 Gigs of Ram...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

Are there any changes or tweaks to make windows work better with 2 gigs of ram. Or any recommendations for a memory management program for 2 gigs of ram.

dja2k

not really - its pretty good at managing memory, any of the usual registry tweaks won't give you much difference if anything at all.

perhaps the only thing you would need to consider is your pagefile size to make sure its not eating up more than it needs and isn't smaller than it should be. With 2GB I use a 2GB pagefile, but I would imagine that anything over 1GB is fine.

Okay thanks for the reply. I already had 1024 of page file over two different drives.

dja2k

ninthebin said:
not really - its pretty good at managing memory, any of the usual registry tweaks won't give you much difference if anything at all.

perhaps the only thing you would need to consider is your pagefile size to make sure its not eating up more than it needs and isn't smaller than it should be. With 2GB I use a 2GB pagefile, but I would imagine that anything over 1GB is fine.

I use a 0 pagefile, and it really helps in games. but, YMMV

Back